If you focus on regular skin treatments then you wont need to wear everyday make up
COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY
Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), also known as medical skin needling or micro- needling, is a new minimally-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment designed to stimulate the body’s natural collagen production to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring, rosacea, some pigmentation as well as scars on the face and body. The result is smoother, thicker, tighter, more even toned skin. This process stimulates the body’s natural collagen production by generating a “wound healing” response.
By wounding the skin you encourage the body to produce new collagen and elastin, which helps it thicken and ‘plump up’. CIT is the only skin rejuvenation treatment to target and regulate 3 key skin cells (keratinocyte, melanocyte and fibroblast) without compromising the integrity of the epidermis. The procedure can be performed on the face and body. New collagen production can be further increased by the use of a good skin care range.
THE BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY
- CIT stimulates your body’s own collagen production in the dermal layer which is where collagen resides and is formed.
- Results are natural, not fake or plastic looking.
- No foreign substances are injected.
- Skin becomes thicker. Collagen and elastin increase up to 1000 percent.
- Any part of the body may be treated.
- The healing period is short (1-2 days).*
- Less expensive and more effective than laser treatments .
- Safe for people with darker skin, very low % of hyper-pigmentation (dark spots) risk.
- Effective on peri - and post-menopausal women.
- Safe for individuals who have had laser resurfacing.
- Changes may occur in dilated blood vessels that may cause them to disappear.
- Use of topical numbing agents makes the procedure comfortable * Some treatments take longer to heal (4-5 days) if the hand-held device is employed.
SKIN NEEDLING FAQ'S
- Wait 2 weeks after Botox before needling.
- Wait 6 months after finishing any of the Accutane family before starting needling.
- After IPL or laser, wait 2 weeks before needling.
- Peels should be performed 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after needling.
- No facial waxing 12 hours before needling.
- Don’t shave 12 hours before skin needling.
- Sun protection must be worn, no compliance - no treatment.
- Mineral makeup can be worn after treatment.
- Use a gentle cleanser, serum and moisturizer for 1-2 days after needling.
- No swimming for 48 hours after needling.
- No retinols or acids for 72 hours after needling.
- No exercise for 24 hours after needling.
- No solarium or spray tanning for 2-3 days after needling.
- No waxing for 5 days post treatment.
- Wait 12-24 hours after needling to shave (depending on skin trauma).
Microdermabrasion, also referred to as mechanical exfoliation or micro resurfacing, is a method for facial rejuvenation that uses a mechanical medium for exfoliation along with adjustable suction to sweep away the outermost layer of dead skin cells from the epidermis. It is a non-invasive procedure. The exfoliation and suctioning disrupts the skin’s surface, causing cell division. As the skin cells divide fibroblast activity is stimulated leading to collagen production, which leads to thicker, firmer skin. Human skin sloughs off at a slower rate with age, so the exfoliation of several layers of the stratum corneum (surface skin layers) leaves skin fresh and radiant.
Moderate usage of Diamond Dermabrasion, accompany with skin products that penetrate through top skin layer that reach the dermis level, helps replenish natural nutrients, restore cell activity, promote skin health, enhance elasticity and texture resulting in a more youthful appearance.
Microdermabrasion is an effective treatment for the following skin concerns;
- Congested, oily and clogged skin
- Open pores, blackheads and white heads
- Acne prone skin
- Acne scarring
- Pigmentation and blemishes
- Age spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks
- Scar tissue
- Premature ageing
- Highly active acne
- Uncontrollable diabetes
- Eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis
- Skin cancer
- Viral lesions (such as HSV)
- Vascular lesions
- Anyone taking oral blood thinner
- Telangiectasia (spider veins)
- Pregnant women
- Spider veins
Prior to your Microdermabrasion treatment, we recommend you;
- Book in for a consultation to determine the type of treatment appropriate for your skin type
- Ensure the treatment area is clean. We will perform a thorough cleanse at the beginning of your treatment
Following your Microdermabrasion treatment, your skin may have a tight feeling, and you may experience some redness or possible flaking. After your treatment, we recommend that you:
- Avoid swimming or exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours. Ensure you always use an SPF product to protect your skin from the sun at all times.
- Follow your recommended skin care advice regime. This will ensure the results of your treatment last as long as possible.
IMAGE SKIN PEEL
Lift your skin to a new level of health by targeting your skin concerns. These resurfacing treatments are designed to improve and enhance your skin. The product line features all natural and organic ingredients, such as Aloe Vera, Papaya, Green Tea and Vitamin C.
THE BENEFITS OF AN IMAGE SKIN PEEL
Image Skincare face peels effectively treat;
- Uneven skin pigmentation
- Dull/tired, dry/dehydrated skin
- Smoker’s complexion
- Premature aging
- Acne, oily & hormonally challenged skin
- Rough textured or thickened skin
- Loss of laxity
Treatments are also great for Post-micro-dermabrasion and Post-surgery
Image Resurfacing Treatments
All skin peels come with a post treatment kit valued at$58.30
Skin types: Rosacea, Dull/tired, Dry/dehydrated, Smoker’s complexion, Post-micro-dermabrasion, Post-surgery and Premature aging
This revolutionary signature facelift will change the image of your skin in just one treatment. Vitamin C, glycolic acid and gentle but highly effective enzymes speed up cellular turnover and brighten, tighten and lighten you skin in just one treatment. Imagine walking away in 45 minutes with tighter and brighter skin. With this facial treatment you can! Four layers of Vitamins, Enzymes, Glycolic and Lactic acid. Your face will be drenched in moisture and you will walk away with a healthy glow!
Resurfacing or Acne Lift
Skin types:Acne, Oily, Hormonally challenged skin, Breakouts, Rough textured skin, Blackheads, Thickened skin, Pigment, Lines and wrinkles
If you suffer from frequent breakouts, rough dry skin and blackheads this treatment will get you on the road to healthy, clear skin!
A combination of Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHA’S) & Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA’S) will help reduce oiliness and unclog pores. Your skin will feel refreshed and bright. An enzyme and Vitamin C mask will repair and hydrate your skin.
Skin types: Normal, Dry/dehydrated, Dull/tired, Pregnant, Menopausal, Unbalanced and Smoker’s complexion
Pigmentation is one of the highest concerns for many people of all ages. Along with the appropriate home care we now have the perfect solution to treat this frustrating problem. Boost the lightening effects of this peel with lactic & kojic acids, plus added retinol for the maximum treatment of even the most stubborn pigmentation. Your complexion will thank you.
Balance your complexion with this mega-lightening treatment that gently blends lactic acid and a cocktail of lightening and brightening agents to reduce sun spots, brown spots and the redness caused by Rosacea. Receive silky smooth & supple skin with a noticeable healthy glow. This mega-lightening treatment gently blends lactic acid and a cocktail of lightening and brightening agents to reduce sun spots, brown spots and redness while also resurfacing and exfoliating.
Skin types: Premature aging, fine lines, pigmentation and loss of laxity
Want your collagen to stand up and give you the skin you remembered a few years ago? This ultra-resurfacing glycolic and retinol treatment exfoliates dead surface skin cells, leaving skin firmer and healthier. Visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines. Retinol is an ingredient with a proven track record to stimulate and refine the skin. This treatment will resurface and smooth all types of aging skin it will even out a rough complexion, lift and brighten the skin.
This ultra-resurfacing glycolic and retinol treatment exfoliates dead surface skin cells and improves circulation leaving skin firmer and healthier. Visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines.
This mega boost anti-aging blend of glycolic and retinol creates the ultimate resurfacing treatment for advanced types of aging skin. Feel the immediate tightening and rejuvenating effects of this peel while the regeneration of new cells increases collagen production to create younger, healthier, and wrinkle-free skin.
Skin types: Deep lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, acne, acne scarring and unbalanced skin.
Take your skin on a holiday and have the perfect treatment for skins showing signs of aging, pigmentation, acne scarring and acne. The Perfection Lift results in a substantial amount of peeling and flaking. This is the ultimate serious treatment for an amazing result leaving the skin incredible smooth, brighter and fresh looking.
IMAGE SKIN PEEL FAQ'S
A series of six treatments every 10 – 14 days is ideal
Prolonged redness, irritation & flakiness
- Dryness and sensitivity
- Allergic reactions in rare instances
2 The use of prescription Keratolytics within past 7 days:
• Retin-A/Renova, Azelex (Azelaic Acid), Tazorac (Tazarotene), Differin (Adapalene) 3 Use of Accutane in the last 6 months
4 The current use of Hydrocortisone
5 Any known allergies or sensitivities to products or ingredients
6 Allergy to aspirin (salicylic peels)
7 Is currently being treated for a facial skin disease by a dermatologist
8 Currently being treated for severe systemic or autoimmune disease. Must consult with their physician prior to treatment
9 Infectious diseases
10 History of radiation to the region
11 Laser resurfacing, chemical peels, or dermabrasion
12 Herpes simplex or active infection (must use a prophylactic prior to treatment)
13 History of hypertrophic scar formation
14 Pregnancy, breastfeeding
15 Obsessive pickers
16 Diabetics for some peels
17 Visible redness, irritation or inflammation
18 History of extremely reactive skin
19 Moderate to severe Rosacea or current flare-up
20 Broken skin or scrapes
21 Any recent cosmetic surgery. Must consult with physician prior to treatment
Beauty Therapist has recommended. Depending on the treatment you have undertaken today, for most people flaking begins within 48 hours.
It is impossible to pre-determine how much peeling will occur. The shedding process usually subsides within 5 -7 days.
Prior to an Image skin peel treatment please do not do any of the following:
- Wax for 7 days Pre Peel
- Use Retin-A products for 5 days Pre/Post Peel
- Have cosmetic injections within 5 days
- Use an Image post peel kit
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2 weeks
- Notify your Dr/Beauty Therapist of any concerns
- Use Image PREVENTION+ daily
- Follow up with your scheduled appointment
- Do not wax for 7 days Post Peel
- Avoid tanning beds
- Do not have excessively hot baths or showers
- Do not Scrub, pick, or rub your skin, as this can lead to scarring
- Do not swim in chlorinated pools
- No use of Retin-A products for 5 days Pre/Post Peel
- Do not use exfoliating scrubs, glycolic acid, salicylic acid or Benzoyl peroxide for at least 24 hours after Peel